Sunday, 5 July 2015

We are Sailing

We've had a bit of a heat wave this past week, and it was perfect timing as the Tall Ships were in town!   You'll not believe me from this photo looking at that sky, but we didn't have a drop of rain and the sun shone :)
They headed off today to Portrush, ready to start their race to Norway tomorrow.  Not sure I'd fancy crossing the North Sea in one of these though!

So in celebration of our Tall Ships visitors I've gone for a nautical themed card today.
My image is an oldie from Lili of the Valley.  Coloured with watercolour pencils and a few highlights added from my Wink of Stella pen.  Blue BP embossed with an old Ellison folder.  Star dies from Taylored Expressions (which I also 'winked'!)

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Chocolate Therapy

The worst thing about this card is that I'd now love a bit of chocolate and there's not a square in the house! :(

This was inspired by this week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast ... here's Melissa's original.  Her image made me think of a therapy couch so I dug out this ooooold stamp set from Inkadinkado

I've coloured my image with watercolour pencils.  I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to his glasses and to his notebook, and then added clear gloss to the glasses and to the wheels on the chair.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #112 - anything goes
CAS on Sunday #61 - one layer
Crafty Cardmakers #141 - sentiment
Inspiration Destination #39 - anything goes
Daily Marker colouring Challenge June

Sunday, 28 June 2015

60th Birthday card

I was asked to make a 60th birthday card featuring a hedgehog .... so after a root round my stash I came across this little Penny Black hedgie.

And of course I was busting to have a go with my new Lawn Fawn cloud dies ;)  I like how the little hedgehog is looking up towards the sentiment.

Coloured with watercolour pencils and some Wink of Stella clear glitter added to the welly boot and to the snail's shell.  I also added some clear gloss to the snail and to the soles of the boot.
Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
I also chalked some clouds in the BG, but it's not really showing up in my pic.

Penny Black and More June - wings
Stamping Sensations June - dies and punches
Dream Valley #109 - Girly
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Seize the Birthday - anything goes Birthday
Moving along with the Times - sewing and stitching
A Gem of a Challenge #147 - summertime
Daily Marker colouring Challenge June

Saturday, 27 June 2015

A Wild Ride

Don't you just love it when you find the perfect DP for your image!  This transport themed DP has been in my stash for such a long time ... it's the little things in life eh?!!

My image is from Eat Cake Graphics ...
8016-E Lewis and Trudy's wild ride
I think it would be great for holiday or moving home cards too.

I've coloured my image with watercolour pencils and then used my new Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to highlight the fenders and wheel trims (I'm seriously loving this stuff!!)
Just noticed though that I forgot to colour in my doggy's nose

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Teacher Appreciation cards

I've been making thank you cards for teachers these past few nights and must confess most of them were CASEd.  But with the pressure off, I thought I'd get creative with the last two.

My sentiment and apples are from a Verve set that I won a while ago, and the alphas are from Sarah Hurley.  I think I deserve bonus points for these cards for completely finishing a card stack and using up all the pretty ittybitty pieces that were too nice to chuck!  Helps to take the guilt from a recent shopping trip ;)  One of my new purchases was a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen which I coloured my apples with and which I'm absolutely LOVING!

Card 1 - 

Card 2 - 

Monday, 22 June 2015

Graduation Card

This is the first Graduation card I've made!  It's for my 11-yr old nephew who's 'graduating' from primary school and is off to High School in September.  Graduation ceremonies in schools are quite a new thing for us in Northern Ireland ... used to be the only graduates were from University!
So anyway, this is the first time I've used this Taylored Expression stamp that I've had in my stash for a few years.  Coloured with watercolour pencils in the school's colours, and then popped up on dimensionals.  I used some glossy white embossing paste on the BG to get a bit of texutre/interest.

I had another study at the MFT Summer School, so this one is for Quiet Space / White Space.

Creative Inspirations #318 - male creations
Inspiration Destination #38 - anything goes
Less is More #229 - use a stencil
Daily Marker colouring Challenge June

Sunday, 21 June 2015

Leap Frog ... or should that be Leap Dog!

LOL, mid-summer's day and I'm tempted to turn the heating on ;)  It's been a chilly, showery, rainy day, definitely no need for the suntan lotion!

My card today is based on this week's featured stamper at Splitcoast - HERE's Lisa's original.

I've used some Eat Cake Graphics stamps on my card ...
2045-L   Leap frog
7034-I   Bunch of Grass
8141-C   Live a little (text)
The cat looks like he's having loads of fun as he leaps over, but you gotta feel sorry for that poor doggy!

I've coloured my image with watercolour pencils.  Sky chalked in BG.

Creative Knockouts #94 - humorous card
Cute Card Thursday #378 - add a quote
Sister Act #111 - anything goes
Allsorts #316 - use a stamp
613 Avenue Create #129 - anything goes - option summer - blue sky and grass that needs cutting ;)
The Cutie Pie Challenge #88 - cats and dogs
Bunny Zoe's Crafts June challenge - furry friends
Daily Marker colouring Challenge June