Tuesday 12 February 2013

Happy Anniversary

I'm just watching a fascinating programme on Ch4 about our crappy weather last year.  The UK had the wettest year ever - it started raining in April and basically forgot to stop!  Having said that, we'd the most beautiful winter's day today, nice and crisp and cold.  But guess what's on the forecast for tomorrow? .... yip, rain!

I'm going to be making more of my cards using pencils to colour in as markers have got to be so expensive, and times are tight!  So I've plenty of practice to get in!

This card uses a lovely Lily of the Valley stamp - I added the heart from a Paper Smooches set, but wish I hadn't as the lines on that image are a lot thicker than the main image.  Sentiment is an oldie from Elzybells (now closed)

Sketch and Love theme from Tuesday Morning sketches #185
Papertake Weekly - hearts and flowers
Top Tip Tuesday - let me call you sweetheart
My top tip .... if you don't have the right colour of cardstock to frame your image, use some plain white and just colour the edge in your desired colour with a marker (I've used a dark olive copic here)
Inky Chicks #3 - Valentine or Anniversary
Lili's Little Fairies - a touch of romance
There She Goes #194 - flowers

20 comments:

Patti J said...

You poor thing - surely you get tired of the gloom! Your card is so sweet, and I love colored pencils! Still pull them out quite often :) Thanks for sharing :) Enjoy the dry day!

Benzi said...

Cute, cute card. I think that heart looks just fine. Hey, that's a good tip about the edge of the cardstock...never thought of that.

You can join me with the rain. It seems to never end. I was so excited when the sun came up this morning and the sun was shining. In no time, I looked out and there were those depressing clouds again. Raining now...off and on.

Theresa said...

I'll trade you weather - we need the moisture so bad.

Your card is gorgeous. I love the image. I love the flowers you've added. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

debby4000 said...

Oh love your absolutely gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Ruby said...

Lol, we don't do great weather over here, do we!! Fab card, love all the colours you've used :)

Dotty Jo said...

Such a cutie, lovely colouring as always. I remember Elzybelles, a great place for really cute images, Jo x

Sandra MacLean said...

This is SO CUTE! I love your use of pink and green matting to make the papers pop! Thanks for playing along with this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge!

Elaine Stark said...

A sweet card and image. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Debbie said...

What a sweet card!! Fun image for an anniversary card! I love the heart border on the pink paper!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and pretty colours. Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne
A beautiful image so cute and love your pencil colouring too.. and the heart looks fine to me I would never have noticed it chum I think it's all fab!!!
I hope you are keeping safe and warm me too sick of all the rain, take care...
Hugs Sarah x

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card. The thicker line focuses a little attention to the heart, which is nice for an anniversary card. As an added bonus the pencils seem to be right on trend plus lovely colouring :)

Donna Ellis said...

Sometimes Mother Nature is too generous with her goodies, isn't she? Just think of all the places who would love having your rain! Lynn, a darling card - so beautifully colored and sweetly adorned. A great interpretation of the sketch, too! Hope your beautiful day turns into a beautiful week next week!

MagsB said...

This is great, your colouring is so pretty! Here's wishing you more sunshine and less rain - this is such a gloomy time of year, isn't it?

love Mags B x

Grandma Bonnie said...

Lynne, this is a sweet card! I love how you used our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Jessi Fogan said...

That image is just too sweet! And I know the heart is thicker, but since it's on the book cover it looks perfectly at home :) Thanks so much for getting LOVEY DOVEY with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Awww - how sweet is this! Definitely feeling the love. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Laura said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Nessie said...

Ruby, this card is so cute and I love the heart, the outlines are not too strong as it is an anniversary card. And I like the subtle look of stamps being coloured with pencils!
Love from Scotland,
Nessie
P.S. I subscribed to your blog via email!