Sunday 3 February 2013

Xmas card #02

Here we are Sunday evening again, I can't believe how fast the weekends go!  No Fair!

I'm determined to stick at my Christmas cards this year, though I'll have to up my monthly output and do better than 1 a month!
This card was inspired by Janette, this week's featured stamper at Splitcoast - here's her original.  I used a different snowman, and die cut my snowflakes instead of heat embossing them (was a bit too much like hard work LOL)

Image: Homespun Hearts Snowy  from High Hopes - coloured with pencils and hat / hearts popped up on dimensionals.  Red glitter added to hearts/button/hat and clear gloss to his nose. Marianne snowflake die.

Simon Says ... anything goes
Colour theme from Creatalicious #43
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #25 - anything goes
Moving along with the Times - punch it out (I used my favourite snowflake die)
Christmas Stampin all year long #01 - anything goes

11 comments:

MagsB said...

This is so sweet, Lynn! I love the background, the snowflakes give such great texture. And how cute is the snowman?!

love Mags B x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your fabulous snowman card.
luv
Debby

jackiescrafts said...

This is a great card I love the snowman and the snowflakes are a great addition
Thanks for joining in at Sparkles Christmas challenges

Jackie x

Benzi said...

Just guess how much I like this card. Snowmen are the 'bestest' things ever. I see you have him knee deep in snow....as he should be. This could be a valentine, too with those hearts. Cute, cute, cute!!

Dotty Jo said...

I've made 50% as many Christmas cards as you have Lynne! LOL!!! Great card, Jo x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL! I love that you said you have to "up" your monthly output for Christmas cards!! I think I need to "up" my yearly output--- I usually make only 1! And I don't even send it out! LOL!

What a super cute card--LOVE the layering of the snowflakes over the cloudy background!! LOVE that little snowman!!! ADORABLE!!

Jingle said...

This is very cute! Love the snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Lisa Jane said...

Love that cute snowman
. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our punch it out challenge
Lisa x

kelly ledder said...

Thanks for sharing at Creatalicious Challenges, lovely creation.

Hugs, Kelly x

Sandra H said...

This is such a beautfiul card and the the layout is gorgeous great backing papers to match a beautiful image presented so wonderfully thank you for joining our challenge at Sparkles Christmas challenge 2nd Anniversary "Anything Goes" good luck and hope to see you again next time xx

PaperDaisies said...

Fabulous card. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina