Sunday, 23 February 2014

Starry Thanks

I'm always in need of Thank You cards for work, quite a few of which are for men.  So this started off as a good manly card, then got a bit delicate and sparkly! Ha!

I chalked the top bit of my card with purple chalk which fades gradually to white at the bottom but doesn't really show up in pic.  My stars are the colours of our logo in work, and the bling was just for the hell of it!!  I used a couple of spare stars as a mask when I was chalking.  Sentiment popped up on dimensionals.

My sequins are in danger of being resigned to the 'wish I hadn't bought that' stash, so thought I'd better use a few up in case I might grow to enjoy using them ;(

General layout and starry theme inspired by Danielle's fabulous card over at the CASE Study challenge #179
CAS on Sunday #27 - masculine card
Sister Act #45 - anything goes
Crafty Creations #257 - keep it simple

12 comments:

Benzi said...

Cool purple and green colors. I see that chalking just fine. Ooh, I love sequins..hope yours grow on you. Super card for male or female.

With all that discarding in the Spring cleaning today, I hope you didn't throw Ruby out. Ha

Maureen Merritt said...

I love the background chalking. It softens up the design nicely. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

Patti J said...

Hahaha...I gave away all of my sequins just before they made a comeback. Go figure! Your card is perfect, Lynne, and I love the pretty purple sponging! Thanks for sharing :-)

Jackie said...

I love this beautiful card, it's giving me ideas :o)
Jackie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne what a fabulous clean and simple style card those stars and sentiment look ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Claire said...

Fab card, love the simple design. Hugs, Claire x

Dotty Jo x said...

Great card Lynne, love the colours and the sequins! I have to say I'm still not sure about the whole sequin thing either. Thanks for your comment on my blog about my thinking that hubby was slightly bug-eyed and drooling... have you met Andy and I didn't know????? Boy, will I get into trouble if he reads this! Ha, ha, ha, Jo x

coops said...

fantastic card lynne,really love the cas design and stars :D

xx coops xx

Laura Davis said...

Great card!
Laura

Shelly said...

Such a fun card! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Karen said...

great card...love the doodling...

Mary said...

Hi Lynne! Totally love this. The colors and design are spot-on. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our "Keep it Simple" challenge. I hope you get to join us again for your next challenge.