Monday 17 March 2014

Huffy cat

No, I haven't had one of those days ... just a busy one painting.  My muscles are all objecting now though and my shins are all bruised where I lean too heavy against the step ladder!  But at least that's another job ticked off the list :)

I found this kitty stamp in my stash ... it's from quite a few years ago!  Coloured with pencils, and then I used pink and grey watercolour pencils to splatter the background (after doodling my border and then masking off the square).  I'm loving this splatter technique .. I find it difficult to make a pure CAS card with lots of white space, so adding a wee touch of colour like this is just perfect for me :)

CAS on Sunday #29 - one layer wonder
Simply Create Too #57 - animals
Sister Act Card Challenge #48
Challenges 4 Everybody #39 - anything goes

10 comments:

Claire said...

Brilliant card Lynne. Hugs, Claire x

Benzi said...

Too cute, Lynne. I love that cat image, the splatters, and the doodling. I have got to learn to doodle.
Sorry about your aching muscles.

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, love that image :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful I like it thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck

maria f. said...

Wonderful card! Love the CASness. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too with this cutie too!

anja curvers said...

Beautiful lovely image and sentiment.Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Super cute card! What a great image. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Hugs, Melissa DT

coops said...

super fun card lynne.i love the image and sentiment ;D

xx coops xx

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Delightful and fun card, Lynne. Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals"--hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Zw@@n said...

Oooh, that stamp is sooo cute! Great card, Lynne. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!
Luv, Wilma