Tuesday 20 May 2014

A tad fishy?

This week's challenge at High Hopes is
Double Trouble
(use 2 High Hopes stamps or make 2 cards the same)  Play along with your High Hopes stamps to win a new one of your choice.

My card uses Bob and Bubbles and for such a CAS card it took aaaages to make!  It would have been a bit easier if I'd had some distress inks, but I don't so I used pencils to shade in the water. Then I masked off all my fishies and added some paint splatters.  There's probably a much easier way of doing it!  (actually now I think of it, I could have used my blue chalk for the water.  Doh!)  Bubbles are filled with clear gloss and glitter, and the red fish and sentiment panel are popped up on dimensionals.  Black enamel dots added for their eyes.

Other challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody #41 - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #57
Penny Black and More May challenge - anything goes
Stamping Sensations May challenge - anything goes

8 comments:

Benzi said...

Lynne, this is cute, cute, cute. I love it and the red fish is adorable popped from the rest.
Great birthday card.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card - worth all the effort Lynne! Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Lynne this is fabulous seeing all those fish they look so cute, fantastic colour and sentiment
hugs
lorraine x

Jackie said...

A delightful card, the red fish really pops :o)
Jackie xx

Shirley said...

Such a pretty card Lynn. Loving all those little fishes.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny Black and more this month

Shirley

Ellibelle said...

What a fun birthday card! Love it!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, I love your little fishes (reminds me of the cat in Red Dwarf! He always used to go around saying that :-))Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

Sally H said...

Such a gorgeous card - definitely worth the effort! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!