Sunday 11 September 2016

Baby Girl cards

Phew, busy weekend!  I had a good old raid out of our cupboards upstairs, all sorted out for the charity shop and some for the dump.  It's always great to get it started, though it always looks worse before it gets better!

Anyway, I got lovely news today that my friend in work is now a Grandma!  Wasn't expected for another couple of weeks, so it was a bit of a surprise to them all!  So I spent a few hours making baby cards :)

This first one uses a never-before-used one that I found when I was looking for another - it's still lost :( but I'm sure it will turn up eventually.  This little duckie is from Suzy's Zoo - it's not an image I would have thought of using for a baby card, but I think it looks OK.
My little elephant is an oldie from Wild Rose Studio, and added some pink and blue splatters to the background - doesn't it kinda look like that exploding confetti!  I covered my balloons and little Ellies toenails with my clear glitter pen so there's lots of sparkle.


And finally, here's one for Grandma herself :) 
I don't normally make 'white' based cards, but I quite like how it turned out.  My little bear is an oldie from Penny Black; text from Paper Smooches.

20 comments:

Patti said...

These are all three delightful!! I LOVE really LOVE this white and pink combo!! Adorable : ) Each one is so super sweet but I think I love the Suzy's Zoo the best. I have not seen that ducky for YEARS!!

I just love every one of these sweet cards : )

Patti

stampwithsandy said...

Lynn, all three of your baby creations are adorable! One is sweeter than the other. Love your great coloring and the bit of sparkle. I must also say that every time I visit your blog I smile at the pictures of your Ruby. Such a cutie! So glad you played along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Cheryl W. said...

Super cute baby girl cards. I love that little ducky with his fluffy feathers. Your friend at work will be so pleased with the congrats card just for her!

Karren said...

Beautiful and totally cute cards! All of them are so gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Sandra said...

All of these are so sweet, the images are really cute and all the designs are very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Sarah said...

A trio of tremendousness Lynne, they are equally gorgeous xx

Aileen said...

Lynne, what a wonderful collection of baby cards, each so special. I love the softness and each stamped character is wonderful. Beautiful colouring as I always know it will be. All so soft and pretty.

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! Love those animals! Beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Totally adorable cards!! I don't think I could pick a favorite!! Thank you for sharing with us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! :)

Lucille K said...

Oh, such adorable baby cards, love all 3 :)

Channin Pelletier said...

Such sweet cards!! I love the soft colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Beverley said...

What a cute trio of cards, lovely girly pinks and cute images. Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Di said...

All three cards are adorable Lynne! I have to confess that the little duckie is just so, so cute and I think perfect for a baby card!

Great to see you playing along with us at Cuttlebug Mania.

Hugs

Di xx (DT)

Patricia Hays said...

What a darling collection of cards! I like how you've made a cloud shape for the "congratulations" bubble on the elephant card. Thanks for making CC&S part of your crafting fun!

Unknown said...

Oh what fun and congrats to your friend. BTW I think the duck is adorable on a baby card. The cute elephant is adorable - thanks so much for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again this week. Liz x

Bobby said...

These are all absolutely darling, Lynne. I love that you personalized the last one for Grandma. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls.

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! The elephant is so adorable and I love the cloud border for the sketch!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my, these images are just so darling and your cards are equally adorable! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Thordis said...

Your cards are the cutest! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' :)

Sammy said...

Oh how adorable! Love all of them! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x