Tuesday 28 May 2013

High Hopes #134


Time for a new challenge over at High Hopes ... this week it's to make a
Gate fold card
I'm normally very boring with my paper crafting, so this was a new challenge for me!  I went for the standard type, but if you're feeling a bit more adventurous than me, Michelle did a fab tutorial last week on how to make a scenic gate fold card.

I've used some of the cute penguins from the Penguin Friends collection ... Leapin Lewis and Penguin Friends.  Coloured with copics and promarkers, and some flowersoft added to Lewis' hat and boots.

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to tie a ribbon round the right hand side panel... ages and ages of faffing about.  What ribbon I hear you say?  Well after all that I came across my Memory Box snowflake die and decided to use that instead LOL

Other challenges...
Pile it on #21 - put a bird on it
Crafty Catz - a fancy fold or two
Card Makin Mamas CMM70 - rubber stamps
Natalie and Amy's challenge #9 - things with wings
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas extra - anything Christmas
Sparkles Christmas challenge #28 - favourite festive colours (I like the traditional red, white and blue combo)

15 comments:

Claire said...

What a great card Lynne, love the adorable image on the front and what a fantastic image inside too. Hugs, Claire x

Hazel said...

Super card - such a fun image on the front and inside - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for May– ass you have some white on your card, you could also enter this for my CHNC challenge 126 - I’d love to see it there too x

Benzi said...

Ha....I was looking all over for that ribbon before I finished reading your post Well, I really like the snowflake die, too.
What a fun image and it is looking awesome inside and out.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the cute image and then when you open there are more fun characters - thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

Rose said...

girl this is too CUTE!!!! :) so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
Rose GD

coops said...

so stunning lynne.i love your card design and colours and the penguins are fab :D

xx coops xx

tilly said...

a super gate-fold card with your cute penguin. thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz
Christine

tilly said...

what a great gate-fold card with the cute penguin, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz
Christine

carol said...

Hello..lovely card, inside and out! thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

MommyScraps said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing at Card Makin' Mamas!
-Adina

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne, this is one terrific card I love the gatefold and what a super image on the inside, i really do love this alot.
hugs
lorraine x

Debbie said...

Fantastic card.Love these colours and the image is so fun.Thanks for joining in with us at Sparkles Christmas challenge.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

Unknown said...

Super High hopes card Lynne I do love your creations using these cute and fun stamps...
Hugs Sarah x

Marie-Louise said...

Hi Lynne - lovely to see someone else from Norn Iron. I live in Larne. Marvellous cards on your blog(s).