Tuesday 8 October 2013

High Hopes challenge #189

Our new challenge this week at High Hopes is...
make a box.
Not something I normally make, so I turned to Splitcoaststampers and tried my hand at a little milk carton box.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out - though a decent scoring board would have made it much easier than trying to match up dimensions on my ancient wooden scoring board!  I've temporarily closed my carton with a paperclip so you can see the shape, but didn't want to seal it properly until I'd something to put in it!!

My image is Motorin' By Santa - coloured with pencils and lots of glitter added to the fur on his hat/jacket/trousers.

ETA - just found this joke that I had to share ...
What type of motorbike does Santa drive?
A Holly Davidson
Hahahahaha!  Def one for the Christmas Cracker!

Other Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - go dotty
Crafty Catz #201 - anything goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge CH#33 - anything but a card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge - October

8 comments:

Benzi said...

What a wonderful box you've created. How many malted milk balls would it hold? HA I LOVE those big polka dots and your Santa image is so much fun. It's a great project!!!

Kim said...

gorgeous christmas treat box Lynne!
Kim x

Anonymous said...

Lovely box Lynne and great joke, you should print it out and put it in the box with the gift! I've never made anything but a card before now either, then Sparkles asked me to join their Christmas DT. I jumped at the chance and found out my fist challenge was... anything but a card, lol! I panicked a bit I can tell you!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this month.

Hugs
Brenda
PS. Ruby looks as cute as ever!

Sandra H said...

Oh wow this is amazing and thank you for sharing it with us at Sparkles Christmas challenge "Anything but a card" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

coops said...

gorgeous box lynne.the paper is fab and i love your santa :D

xx coops xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wonderful milk carton, really need to have a go at making one and I love your Santa on his 'holly Davidson'! Lol, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Hazel said...

Wonderful creation for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

MagsB said...

What a smashing box, Lynne, the Santa image is gorgeous, and I love the contrast of the dramatic black and white spotty paper! Fabulous!

love Mags B x