Wednesday 12 February 2014

Greg's Valentine Card

Woweee, the weather men got it right and it's been a few days of wild weather!  Snow last night (not enough for a snowman!), lashing rain nearly all day and now gale force winds ripping round the house. An evening for NOT taking Ruby for a walk and definitely getting my cosy PJs on!






So at long last and several failed attempts (I don't really do 'romantic' cards) this is going to be Greggy's Valentine card (...Brenda, MY giraffe card looked pants!)

I've used these bees from an old There She Goes set ... popped one dude up on dimensionals, gave him some cool shades and a dickey bow and added some glitter to his wings.  Coloured with promarkers.  Sentiment set from Paper Smooches.  Heart charm from stash.  Couldn't get my crappy bow tied right, but hey, Greg will never notice ;)

Layout from Freshly Made Sketches #123
Divas by Design - with love
Passion for Promarkers #234 - have a heart
Papertake Weekly - with a heart
CASology - 'Bold' (my black and yellow colour theme)
Simon Says Stamp Monday - we love stamps
Natalie and Amy's challenge #17 - Love is all around
Kaboodle Doodles #210 - to my sweetheart
Oldie but a Goodie - Valentine

16 comments:

Joyce said...

What a sweet non-traditional valentine. Love those bees. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Benzi said...

What? You didn't like your giraffe? The one you used recently was really adorable. Just the same, this card is very sweet and very cute. I love the bee in shades and bow tie. :-) I had to laugh about Greg not noticing about the twine. I know what you mean. Ha

Rained all afternoon and the snow started a bit over an hour ago. It's turning everything white. Of course, it didn't start until almost dark so I can't watch it. I'm sure the wet roads will turn to ice. Travelling will be bad tomorrow. I'll be home, for sure.

Linda Callahan said...

Super cute!

Jackie said...

Oh I just love those cute bees, fabulous card :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

OMG this is brilliant, I looked at that sketch and thought it would be hard but you've done an absolutely brilliant job.
luv
Debby

Loopylou. said...

awww this is too cute!I love those little bee's and you had me giggling on your bow description!! it looks fab!
thank you for playing along with us over on the pfp challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Super cute card Lynne! Love all the bees buzzin' about! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love your sweet bees. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Just Me said...

love your bees ...your card is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

coops said...

love this lynne.those bees are fab especially the one with his sunglasses on :D

xx coops xx

Mirella said...

Hahaha, very cute, love the images! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Hugs, Mirella

Aunty Sue said...

such a fab fun valetines card and thanks for sharing with us at Divas this week

Shelly said...

Such a sweet creation for our Have a Heart challenge at Passion for Promarkers! LOVE the bees! Thanks for taking part and good luck! Shelly :)

Cards By MI said...

This is so fun and so charming. Really put a smile on my face. Love it! Thanks for playing with us over at PFP.
Love n hugs
Marie

Shirley said...

OMGosh, this is too too cute for words!! Love how you mounted the one you gave shades!! Very fun and I know he loved it!!

Jen Timko said...

So sweet! Love that "cool" bee!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!