Saturday 4 October 2014

Card for Uncle Derek

Happy Saturday!  It's been a lovely sunny day today, after an solid day's rain yesterday.  Can't complain really as we had the driest September since records began - though with the calendar moving into October the weather has caught up and there's a definite nip in the air in the evening now.  Though I'm glad I got my garden all sorted last weekend and all my winter potting done as we're due another days rain tomorrow.

I managed to get a wee sit down and a play with my crafty stash, for World Cardmaking Day :)
This card is for my uncle - I've used this Penny Black image  coloured with pencils and some sparkle added to the bee's wings.  I chalked in some clouds and added a wee star die border from Taylored Expressions.

Layout from Papertake Weekly's sketchie free for all - I based my card on #30
Crafty Cardmakers #124 - Triple B - blue, birthday, bee
Crafty Little Fairies - October - only 1 DP
Cute Card Thursday #341 - spots and dots
Crafty Catz #249 - all sentimental
Sister Act #77 - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge - October


8 comments:

Benzi said...

Super card, Lynne. Love the cute image. I like your border of stars, also.
It has been dry here, too....rain needed. But, it rained a little and then turned really cool and very windy. I don't like it. Ha

Back to the football game.

Jackie said...

Another fabulous card with this image :o)
Jackie xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Lynne thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne x (DT)

Dotty Jo said...

Lucky Uncle Derek! Jo x

MagsB said...

This is such a fun image! A fab card for your uncle!

love Mags b x

Unknown said...

Oh, I love cards like these... The image is awesome and so is the font used for sentiment. Perfect card in my eyes. :)
Have a great day, Lynne...

Naomi Johnson said...

Great card. Really lovely image. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Jennifer said...

Your Uncle Derek is sure to have loved your fabulous card, Lynne!

Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x