Friday 27 March 2015

Eat Cake Graphics - Too late for cake?

Gasp, imagine being too late for the cake, that would be a disaster Hahahaha ;)

This is my first DT card for Eat Cake Graphics A Sprinkling of Samples blog  :)
I've used little Abigail (doesn't she look the picture of pure innocence!) - combined with the text stamp she makes a great Belated Birthday card.  I coloured her with watercolour pencils and fussy cut Abigail and the sentiment, and then added clear gloss to her empty plate.  My BG is just a quick swoosh of Shimmer Mist.  Photo frame and little Abigail popped up on dimensionals, and a few random gems added from my stash to finish.

Stamps used:
8011-D Am I too late for cake (text)

Cuttlebug Mania - Freeze Frame - I used a photo frame die from Taylored Expressions
Papertake Weekly - A Cut Above
Top Tip Tuesday - buttons or bows
Addicted to Stamps #137 - make your mark
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafting #220 - boys and girls come out to play
As you like it Challenge - lines or no lines technique ... I definitely prefer lines on my images as the invisible lines always look a bit unfinished to me!

20 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Abigail is absolutely gorgeous and I agree she does look a picture of innocence, lol, this card design is fantastic Lynne, I love that background and random placed gems, brilliant make.
hugs
lorraine x

Benzi said...

Now, isn't she just the cutest thing? I love her hair. Great start on your new DT
assignment with this adorable card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute - and NEVER to late for cake, that's for sure! Thanks so much Lynne for playing again with us at ATSM!

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Very cute project. Love the stitching. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda DT

Cheryl W. said...

Super cute! Love Abigail's big eyes.

Unknown said...

Great card and image, beautifully coloured and I love the design, Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's paper Crafty and hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

Jackie said...

What a fabulous card, although I cannot imagine me ever being late for cake :o)
Jackie xx

Dotty Jo said...

My favourite Eat CAke stamp... or is it the cat??? No, I think its this one as I loveher expression! Great card, Jo x

Teresa Kline said...

hi Lynne! darlin card, and no it is never to late for cake, right? very sweet! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Deborah Frings said...

This made me laugh! I think the image is fab and so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

PS I'd never be late for cake ;)

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, super cute image and love how you created your background. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

Danielle said...

Hee hee - this card made me laugh! Love the image and the smoosh of Glimmer Mist is a fantastic background - love it!
Hugs, Danielle

sandie said...

Love the bg and great colouring. She needs to learn we can't be late for cake! Thanks for joining is at ATSM

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne. Cute image and great colouring. Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I love your fun image and sentiment and it's coloured beautifully
Thanks for playing along at ATSM
Sarah

Melanie said...

A fab card & your sentiment fits perfectly!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our " Boys and Girls come out to play” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Kimbo said...

What a great image and sentiment. Love the layout too

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so much fun love all the speckling too!
great to see you at TTT this time hugs me x

Helen said...

Love it! That sentiment is fab.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's

Helen x

Anonymous said...

Popping back to Thank you for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)