Sunday 17 January 2016

A three-fer

It's been a dark dreary old day today, but on the bright side the drop of snow that arrived on Thursday has long gone.  Hurrah.  A day or two of that nonsense is enough for me ;)
Anyway, I've had a busy card making day and have rediscovered some old oldies  ...

Card 1 - Wedding Birds
Now why haven't I used thise cute birdies from Art Gone Wild before now? ... I've no idea!   I added a touch of watercolours to my birds, and clear gloss to the beaks, and Wink of Stella to his bow tie and her flower.  Simon Says Stamp heart die.  My DP is an odd shade (sort of a sagey geen/grey) but I love how this card turned out!

Card 2 - doggy theme

I bought this stamp ages ago thinking I'd use it loads, but I think this is maybe the second time it's been inked. I added some watercolouring to parts of the image (from Great Impressions) and then popped the little doghouse up on dimensionals.  Clear gloss also added to the bowl, bone and paw print. I also managed to use up a few snippets lying around my table :)

Card 3 - card for Marlene

Using up some DP here ... I reckon it should have been horizontal rather than vertical, but beggars can't be choosers and it's good to get this used up.  Whipper Snapper image - coloured with watercolours.  Clear gloss added to the flower centres and mouse's nose.  WOS added to flowers.  Simon Says sentiment die - it was kinda lost in my snazzy DP, so I covered it with clear gloss and it looks much better.  New wonky stitched die from Die-namics.

21 comments:

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at The Sketchy Challenge

hugs
Claudia
DT The Sketchy Challenge

http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Sarah said...

Wow Lynne you have been really industrious!! Love every one of these...the love birds look amazing with that sage green...the primary colours you used is fabulous with the canine inspired card and the third is so jolly and Marlene will be delighted!! No snow here but I'm hopeful!! xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cheryl W. said...

Now THAT'S a great day in the craft room - three fabulous cards. I don't think I can even pick a favorite. They're all so much fun with pretty details and wonderful images. The two wedding birds are so darn cute. I think that's my favorite.

Esther said...

Love your little "Love Birds"!!!!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Jackie said...

Wonderful cards Lynne, and fabulous images beautifully coloured :o)
Jackie xx

Barb said...

Three lovely cards Lynn. I really couldn't pick a favourite. I smiled at your comment on card two. I also have stamps I couldn't live without but have never actually used. Barbxx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards! You've been a busy bunny... I can't seem to find my mojo at the moment! Jo x

Chris said...

All three of these cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Di said...

Super cards Lynne - all three of them. Your snippets card made me smile here - I have what is probably the equivalent stamp for cat lovers, and have used it just once!

Hugs

Di xx

Teresa said...

Very cute bird card. Great take on the challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Three wonderful cards Lynne I adore those Love Birds also the other two the last one is full of fab colour you have done a great job with these brilliant work.
hugs
lorraine x

Helen said...

Three really great cards - all very creative.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Kat W said...

Your floral card is absolutely lovely and so gorgeously colourful :-)
Thanks for joining in our challenge at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs, Kat x

Ina G said...

Wow your little birdie wedding card is fabulous. So cute and loveable. Love the heart background. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Lynne love the sweet image and detail.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Hugs Julie xxx

Sally Dodger said...

A wonderful Wedding card. Your love bird image is fabulous and the sage green and white colour scheme is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

Linby said...

wow you have been productive - I was going to say busy, but that's another thing altogether lol! Love the sea scene so much.

Judy McKay said...

Lynne - you wedding card is so cute but still elegant. Lovely. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Sammy said...

Such a fab selection of cards. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Kirsty said...

Hi just love the image and gorgeous papers and colours thank you for joining us in the Sketchy Challenges :)