Monday 7 November 2016

Dogs 'n more dogs

A couple of wee doggy cards this evening ... just for a change ;)  I do seem to have gathered quite a selection of them over the years!

This card was inspired by this week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast - here's Holly's original.   I was inspired by her multi coloured critters and the embossed panels.
I've used Webster's Tilting his Head from Eat Cake Graphics.  I used a new technique for me - I flooded the images with water and then dropped in some colour by touching my paintbrush on my watercolour pencil nibs.

This one's based on Anita's card over at the Muse challenge - here's her original ->

I was inspired by Anita's theme of reflecting her DP in the main image panel, and followed her layout with the fancy sentiment die.  This DP has been in my sash for quite a few years now - but not quite 10 years Cheryl! ;)   (if you don't know Cheryl from Paper Panacea you should pop over for a look at her fab blog!)
I'll be tidying my desk tomorrow, so I'll get this Wags and Whiskers doggy into the stamp box or I'll just keep using him ;)  
Coloured with watercolour pencils;  sparkle added to his balloon and hat, and then clear gloss to the balloon and his nose. Sentiment popped up on dimensionals.  Purple gems from stash.

21 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Pawfect creation! wonderful colors and nicely executed! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Chris said...

Beautiful doggy cards Lynne, love that cute row of rainbow hued pups in the first one...so cute!
Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.
Chris
x

Cheryl W. said...

Oh, man, I love those multi-colored puppies! They even look a bit as though they've been tie-dyed. And I remember the hippy, tie-dyed days with great fondness. :) Both your cards today are super. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog. I'll do the same for you in a future post!!

Unknown said...

So cute love all the pastel colours. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes Challenge at Polkadoodles. Helen DT xx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card and your dog sits just like mine, very odd for sure. Love your bps to. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Pat said...

Lovely cards with great images, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Linda said...

Oh this is too adorable. Great take on Anita's card. Love the paw prints background.

Darnell said...

Oh, stop! Now I have to buy more NBUS! These cards are doggilicious in every way, Lynne! I especially love your fun take on Anita's card!! Hugs, Darnell

Aileen said...

Lynne love these cards so so cute. Beautifully coloured.

Lucille K said...

Cute cards, love that doggy card :)

Sarah said...

Dogs....I can't get enough of them Either!! Great cards xx

Jaana said...

Cute cards, love the paw prints.

Cat Craig said...

I saw your adorable pup over at Muse. Love your take on Anita's inspiration card.

Claire said...

Fabulous project! Love it! Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles
Claire xx

Macarena said...

So pretty! I love the cute poppy and the beautiful background. Thank you for glitter with us at SSS Monday Challenge. Hugs, Macarena

Inkyfingers said...

This is just adorable and your little doggie is soooo cute!

Ardyth said...

Great puppy cards! Love the colours on the first and the paw prints in the background of the second! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Carol Cel said...

Really cute card -- love the coloring too

Jeanne H said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love dogs and birthdays.

Neets B said...

Fabulous, Lynne. I love how you used my card as inspiration but changed the theme. Love the puppy and co-ordinating paw prints.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Marilyn said...

Love your card, Lynne. The paw print background is perfect.