Sunday 15 January 2017

Big birthday wishes

Wow, half way through the month already ... January always seems to be a bit of a long stretch, and an even longer stretch to Pay Day!  Anyway, it's reminder time over at Naughty or Nice - this month's theme is 'new' - so new baby, new job, new stash, etc.  Add your card over at the blog and have a peep at the Troublemakers' creations.

For my card I've used some new stash ... this fab birthday image from Penny Black :)

Coloured with watercolour pencils, sparkle added to the icing, and clear gloss to the candles.  I inked up my BG and then added a few splatters for good measure.

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great Lynne! I wish I'd had a lovely wall background for the card I've just made for NoN Feb - would've looked much better for it I'm sure! Jo x

Lindsey said...

So cute! (You should come over to my other team, Snarky Stampers, we're featuring stencils!)

Lisa Lara said...

Super cute Lynne. I love your soft brick background.

Cheryl W. said...

I just love it when you add a background to your images. The bricks are great. I always liked January for the possibility of a 3rd paycheck, as I was paid every two weeks.

N-Eva said...

It's really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges .Neva

Macarena said...

Great card! The soft background is awesome! The sentiment is so funny and I love the image coloring. Thank you for Be Square with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Anna-Karin said...

Hi Lynne! Such a sweet card! Love the brick background and great image. You are the lucky winner of our $50 gift voucher at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Be Square challenge. Congratulations! Please send an email to the challenge email adress so that we can get the voucher to you (you'll find the adress at the end of the winner's post). Have fun shopping! / Anna-Karin

Beulah Bee said...

Love this!

Mervi said...

A truly sweet card, beautiful design.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

Great card - love the sentiment and the background you've created.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen x