Wednesday 15 March 2017

Bunny Bookmark

It's reminder time over at Naughty or Nice - this month's theme is to feature a creature.  There's a fab prize from Bugaboo up for grabs too.

I've made a new bookmark with this bunny set that I won recently from Simon Says Stamp.  It's based on  Peeps that Americans eat at Easter - they taste like marshmallows with a very sugary coating :)

I don't have a bookmark shaped die, so partially cut a tag die, moved it down to create a longer shape and cut again.  Of course I didn't get it quite right, thus the die cut squiggle was needed to cover a slightly snipped card ;)

I used my distress ink pad to stamp the BG bunny and then to add some splatters.  Tiny bunny covered with my clear sparkle pen, and then I thought I should cover him in clear gloss too in case the sparkle would come off in my library book!  White enamel dots to finish and an eyelet for my ribbon (couldn't tell you the last time I used one of these!)

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So, so cute! Jo x

Bernice said...

Cute bookmarker. SU do a lovely scalloped tag topper punch - so you can make your tag/bookmarker any length you want - saves messing about trying to line up the die!!

Cheryl W. said...

Your bunny bookmark is adorable. You're right about Americans eating Peeps. The kids love them, but I can definitely do without them. They're SO sweet! Every year they come out with new shapes and colors. Nowadays, we even have Halloween Peeps and Christmas Peeps. Go figure!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love your bunnies! (Peeps have made their way into Canada, but I've quite happily never eaten one.) Beautiful bookmark.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Adorable! Love that stamped background. Beautifully done!! Super cute image and bookmark. Love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining the fun with the Sweet Stampin‘ challenge this week. Love what you did for our 'Anything But A Birthday‘ challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin‘ DT

Debi said...

Ahhh... Easter Peeps. A pure sugar delight! I have to force myself to walk away when I see them in the store! And they are really good when they get old and slightly hard and chewier! And they make great some mores too!
Love that Easter bunny stamp, esp the shiny little guy! The background image is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing your bookmark with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Debi TT DT

Kim said...

Peeps is one of those Easter treats we get each year. Love your tag. It's so cute. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Anna-Karin said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT