Sunday 12 March 2017

Ruby's birthday card

No not my Ruby (I'm not quite that bad that I give my dog a birthday card!), this one's for a friend of my Mum.

I was inspired by Anita's beautiful card over at the Muse challenge - I kept her floral theme and layout, but I've used some of this oldie unloved DP and coloured my Simon Says Stamp flowers to match.

Sorry I haven't been round blogland much - my pc is playing up and just turns itself off after half an hour, and when it does want to work its superdooper slow.  Grrr.  Might have to put a new one on my birthday list ;)  Can't complain much though, it's nearly 10 years old.

The Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge
And here's a wee quickie that I had to make when I found this ice cream DP in my stash.  The picture's a bit glary as the sun was streaming through the window when I took the photo.  It was lovely to see it, our weather has been a bit damp and yeuch recently!

My image is from Eat Cake Graphics:
Unselfishness (MMM ice cream)
I wish I'd used a bigger circle die and I've lost most of my enormous dog's butt and tail!

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the contrasting feelings of these two cards! Such pretty flowers and a fun birthday card full of whimsy! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

Unknown said...

Great card. I love the colourful flowers & stripey backing. It's cool that you've taken just what you want from Anita's card and made it your own.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cheryl W. said...

Two fab cards. The human Ruby will surely love her card! I smiled thinking of you finding some interesting DSP and feeling inspired to immediately make a card. That happens to me, too, from time to time. And not always at a convenient time. But I have to allow my mojo to do its thing, and whatever I "should" be doing has to wait. he he

MagsB said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lynne! I love the sunshine-bright colours!

My daughter in Co Dublin sent me a short video of the rain last week, the raindrops were bouncing a foot off the pavement! I hope the worst of it is over and that you have many sunny days ahead!

love Mags B x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely stuff! Jo x

Neets B said...

Two great cards and great to see patterned paper being used, I really must make an effort to use mine more. A great interpretation of my design too.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Elaine Stark said...

I love the cute doggie image. Your papers are perfect with it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are wonderful. Love the cluster of flowers on the first card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp For a Special Lady Challenge. Gayatri xx

Anonymous said...

Super card love it love the backing papers too!
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)